Tuesday, March 15, 2011

We had a fantastic weekend. The boys had a play date at our house Saturday with two of their home school friends, and two of their neighborhood friends joined the fun as well. After the play date, the boys and I rode to a benefit the husband's band was playing in Lancaster, SC. Sam helped draw tickets for the door prizes. The boys found an amazing bamboo forest behind the restaurant, and played in it until dark. Then the boys and I danced, danced, danced and ate good bad food all night. Sam was especially impressed with the fried bologna sandwich, and Josiah LOVED the jalapeno poppers. Sam sang karaoke with Brandon...Simple Man. Josiah's new favorite song the band does is Psycho by Puddle of Mud. 

Sunday the boys and I stayed outside all day. Two neighborhood friends came over to play. Everyone loves hammering boards in the boy's "tree house". Husband came out and helped with some boards they were having trouble with. Pillow-fighting on the trampoline is another favorite. They played in the sandbox, rode scooters and bikes in the cul de sac, and played in the Bamboo Forest. I raked and cleared, cleared and raked. I love being outside. I made a special seating/relaxing area for me that I am so impressed with, I sat until long after dark watching the clouds move across the moon. I hung my new birdbath, and added another feeder. Now I have four feeders and one bath. At the end of the day, the boys had cuts, scratches, bruises, dirt crusted underneath finger and toenails, and murky bath water....all signs that my boys had a most excellent day.

No comments:

Post a Comment