Monday, February 28, 2011

"I was undisciplined by birth, never would I bend, even in my tender youth, to a rule. It was at home I learned the little I know. Schools always appeared to me like a prison, and never could I make up my mind to stay there, not even for four hours a day, when the sunshine was inviting, the sea smooth, and when it was joy to run about the cliffs in the free air, or to paddle in the water." -Claude Monet  


 
A magical February day today! It started for me with new Organic Hazelnut coffee (it's the little things:) Not long after my fourth sip, I was being summoned to the backyard with camera in hand by screams of excitement....the boys spotted a woodpecker in our pecan tree! With help from a dear friend who loves peckers as much as I do..... (Okay...I promise that's it with the pecker jokes!)....we think we have identified a Female or Juvenile Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker. It was gorgeous!

Rough winds, puffy white clouds moving quickly across a sky of blue, bright sun beaming down on us, and 82 degrees! Right this minute, we are having a severe thunderstorm! The thunder is massive! Along Riverwalk today, dead limbs from the old, old, tall, tall trees were crashing down around us. The wind even made waves and huge ripples in the river water! Turtles, turtles everywhere....coming up to bask in the sun on rocks in the middle of the river. The boys hopped from rock to rock in the river, and even though the water was still very near ice cold, they ended up IN it. We even got to hike the river path with a good friend....and a Babyman!

No comments:

Post a Comment